Four games were played over the weekend to complete the quarterfinal pair in this years FISD cup.
On Saturday, the 2018 TNM super league champions needed penalties to win against Karonga United after it ended 1 all in regulation time.
Mischeck Selemani had put the visitors in front before Hassan Kajoke equalised before the break.
In the second half, no goals were seen that Nyasa Big Bullets won 4-2 to face Silver Strikers who defeated Mlatho Mponela 4-0 on the same day.
The central bankers booked their quarter finals place with goals from Khuda Muyaba, Maxwell Gasten and a brace from Michael Teteh.
On Sunday, two Malawi defence force teams KB and Moyale Barracks also booked themselves a spot in the quarterfinals.
Moyale Barracks were 2-1 winners over Kasungu based TN stars football club. Deus Mkutu and Wacheta Mwenefumbo scored for the soldiers while Wister Phiri scored TN stars consolation goal.
Kamuzu Barracks showed Ntopwa football club the exist for this years FISD cup with a 2-1 win in a match played at the Chilomoni stadium.
Josaya Duwa’s goal was not enough to take Ntopwa to the next round as Francisco Kamdzeka scored a brace for KB.
Below is a complete set of the quarterfinals
1. Chitipa United vs Kamuzu Barracks football club
2. Be Forward Wanderers football club vs Hangover United
3. Blue Eagles football club vs Moyale Barracks football club
4. Nyasa Big Bullets football club vs Silver Strikers football club
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Hi Malawi! Here’s your daily horoscope and Lucky Numbers for 14 November 2019 - 14, November 2019
- Hi Malawi! Here’s your daily horoscope and Lucky Numbers for 13 November 2019 - 13, November 2019
- Hi Malawi! Here’s your daily horoscope and Lucky Numbers for 12 November 2019 - 12, November 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.