Africa is an amazing place. Made up of 54 countries, the most spoken language is Arabic, hottest Continent, largest dessert and of course the most beautiful people. Here are a few things I bet you don’t know about Africa.
(1) Africa is the world’s poorest and most underdeveloped continent with a continental GDP that accounts for just 2.4% of global GDP.
(2) The national flag of Mozambique has the image of an AK-47 assault rifle embedded into it. It is one of only two national flags of UN member states to feature a firearm. The other is Guatemala.
(3) Africa has the largest-remaining populations of lion, elephant, rhinoceros, cheetah, hyena, leopard and hundreds of other species.
(4) Africa has the world’s longest river, the Nile (4,132 miles). The Nile runs through 11 countries in Africa.
Know some interesting facts about Africa? Write to us and tell us about them.
Latest posts by Michael Tembo (see all)
- Is this the hottest women in Africa right now? [pictures + video] - 16, December 2019
- Newly born baby dumped in latrine pit [viewer discretion advised] - 14, December 2019
- TNM Super League: Weekend Fixtures for Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st April - 19, April 2019
My Name is Michael Tembo, from Dowa District, Mkulula Chisomba Village, born on the 23 October 1994. I’m Christian, a member of the Malawi Assemblies of God. I grew up in Lilongwe where I went to school, in 2015 I completed my Malawi School Certificate of Education at which point I was selected for various Universities. As a proud of Malawi I am passionate about leaning and growing businesses to support Malawi in becoming a great Nation. I’m currently the Regional Supervisor for TheNews.mw, a news website for young Malawi’ people.