Africa is an amazing place. Made up of 54 countries, the most spoken language is Arabic, hottest Continent, largest dessert and of course the most beautiful people. Here are a few things I bet you don’t know about Africa.
(1) The richest SSA country in terms of Gross National Income (GNI) per capita is Equatorial Guinea. This is 83 times higher than that of Zimbabwe which is the poorest in terms of GNI per capita.
(2) 21 percent of SSA nations have one or two products accounting for their total exports. Most of these exports are in form of agricultural produce.
(3) As of 2008, South Africa consumes the most electricity per person (4,759.5kW/h) in Africa. Ethiopia has the least consumption (42.3 kW/h).
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- District structures established to fight HIV among youth - 23, August 2019
- K5 million for BNS - 23, August 2019
- Catholic Sisters donate school blocks - 23, August 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.