Africa is an amazing place. Made up of 54 countries, the most spoken language is Arabic, hottest continent, largest dessert and of course the most beautiful people. Here are a few things I bet you didn’t know about Africa.
(1) The Sahara is the largest desert in the world and is bigger than the continental USA.
(2) Africa is the world’s hottest continent with deserts and drylands covering 60% of land surface area (e.g. Kalahari, Sahara and Namib).
(3) Africa is the world’s second driest continent (after Australia).
(4) Africa has approximately 30% of the earth’s remaining mineral resources.
(5) Nigeria is fourth largest oil exporter in the world, and Africa’s biggest oil producer with about 2.2 million barrels produced every day. Top 10 oil producers in order of total exports: Nigeria, Algeria, Angola, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Congo, Gabon, South Africa.
Know some interesting facts about Africa? Write to us and tell us about them.
Learn more about Africa by reading this article African Proverbs and their significance