African proverbs are much more than artistic sayings. They symbolise real life situations in just a few words that show great meaning. Here are 10 African proverbs relating to patience.
In cultures, historically without literature, proverbs gave an understanding of cultural values and historical insights. Consisting of rhyme or clever allusions they are entertaining, historically popular and remain popular in African culture today.
1. Always being in a hurry does not prevent death, neither does going slowly prevent living. – Ibo proverb
2. At the bottom of patience one finds heaven. – African proverb
3. A patient person never misses a thing. – Swahili proverb
4. Patience puts a crown on the head. – Ugandan proverb
5. Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far. – Swahili proverb
6. However long the night, the dawn will break. – African proverb
7. Patience is the key which solves all problems. – Sudanese proverb
8. Hurry, hurry has no blessings. – Swahili proverb
9. Patience is the mother of a beautiful child. – Bantu proverb
10. To run is not necessarily to arrive. – Swahili proverb
11. Patience can cook a stone. – African proverb
12. A patient man will eat ripe fruit. – African proverb
African Proverbs: 10 African Proverbs about Community and Unity
African Proverbs: 13 African Proverbs about Wisdom
African Proverbs: 21 African Proverbs about Food
African Proverbs: 10 African proverbs that teach us about friendship
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- South Africa Daily Lotto Results – Friday, 6 December 2019 - 6, December 2019
- Soldiers defeated Tigers - 6, December 2019
- This day 06 December 2019 world history and which celebrities were born today! - 6, December 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.